What is Adho Mukha Svanasana, its Procedure, and Benefits?
Definition of Adho Mukha Svanasana (Yoga Downward Dog):-
Downward Dog is the one of the foremost yoga, which helps you to stretches the shoulders, spine, legs, and whole body. Its name is comes from language the Sanskrit, which implies adhas meaning -> ‘down’, mukha -> ‘face’, Svana -> ‘dog’and āsana -> body posture.
Yoga Downward Dog Steps Are As Follows:-
Step-1: First of all, come onto your fours and form a table like pose. Make sure your back forms the table top, as well as your both feet & hands, form the legs of the table like in image given.
Step-2: Breath out and gently lift your hips as well as straighten your both elbows and knees. Along with this make sure your body forms an inverted V-shape.
Step-3: Now, ensure your feet in line with your hips and your hands are in line with your shoulders. Asides, toes point straight ahead.
Step-4: Try to press your hands gently into the ground as well as lengthen your neck.
Step-5: Take long deep breaths by holding the downward dog pose. While doing this, try to look towards your navel and be in same pose for a few seconds.
Step-6: Return from Adho Mukha Svanasana pose, exhale and bend your knees.
10 Downward Dog Benefits Are As Follows:-
- This posture keeps you rejuvenates and energized the body
- One of the best postures to calms the mind and also helps to relieve a headache, fatigue, back pain, and insomnia.
- It strengthens the muscles of the chest increase your lung capacity.
- Helps to tone muscles and increases brain circulation
- It brings the strength of the whole body especially the shoulders, arms, feet, and legs.
- As it reverses pose to the gravity action on the body, it get the lymph and blood flowing in opposite directions.
- It helps boost self-confidence.
- As of the increased blood flow, it improves brain function, reduces anxiety and depression.
- This posture helps prevent osteoporosis and strengthen the bones.
- Improves the digestion, immune system, and blood flow to the sinuses.
Precautions and Contraindications of Yoga Downward Dog Are As Follows:-
Avoid doing this Yoga pose if you suffer from following:-
- High blood pressure
- Carpel tunnel syndrome
- Detached eye retina
- Weak eye capillaries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Troubling with shoulder injury etc.